International Air Training, Flying an aeroplane

International Air Training, Getting started

Getting started

Flying and Gliding are the major activities at beginner level. All aviation novices are eligible to go for an Air Experience Flight. These flights are taken in the newest aircraft at the nearest available flying school. Each flight academy is staffed by a mixture of regular and retired pilots, and they are tasked with providing each novice with a 20-minute flight. Gliding also takes place at the nearest available flying school. Typically novices will go out in one of two types of glider, the "Viking" which is winch launched and the "Vigilant" which is a motor glider.

Once the initial flight is completed, those learning to fly may undergo a Gliding Induction Course to check their suitability for further training. They must be 16 years or older to undergo Gliding Scholarship training, which can lead to them flying solo (before they can drive a car). They may also, if capable, be able to go on and receive Advance Gliding Training.

As learners abilities increase and the work toward their private pilot's licence they can sometimes get the opportunity to fly in larger and faster aircraft. These opportunities are more rare but extremely welcome when they do come available.

Dassault proceeds with caution over Falcon 7X re-entry

Dassault AviationĀ is still proceeding with caution over the re-entry into passenger service of its Falcon 7X business jet.

This is despite Dassault's confidence its ongoing investigation into the pitch trim fault that grounded the 7X fleet will eliminate any remaining uncertainties.

London Air Show


International Air Training and Aviation Industry News exists to provide information on behalf of flight training organizations, safety groups, pilot supplies companies and others to people who are planning to learn to fly for either a career or recreationally, or who intend to upgrade existing ratings.

Have You Recently Had a Flight Delay Longer Than 3 Hours?

If your schedule was adversely affected because you experienced a VERY long flight delay, we have some good news for you!

According to EU Regulation 261/2004 you have the right to receive care and compensation for any EU flight delay, from 3 hours and up the delays are actionable and indemnisation is required. You can do the following to claim said compensation. Click here to see if you could claim aviation compensation.

We cover the whole range of licences from Private Pilot training (including micro-lights), through Commercial Pilots to Air Transport Pilots and include both civil and military training. We tell you as much as we can about new rules and regulations, as soon as we can. We explain them in simple language so that those just getting started and readers whose first language is not English do not feel left out by jargon they can't understand.

We also concentrate on safety and airfield issues and on news about aviation and the history of flight in general.